Diary of a Lioness



Wednesday 8 October 2008

Lunch With A Stranger...


I NEVER get spare time. That isn't actually a joke. Even when I am trying to sleep my mind is buzzing with work, ideas, the next day, the next week, the next year!!!!

But I have found myself in Bond Street after an early morning meeting, with SPARE TIME.

Ok, technically, I do not have spare time. Lets face it, I've got stuff to do. But it all involves emails, paperwork and research and frankly, I can't be bothered.

No, you are not seeing a whole new side of me; a lazy cow that has given up on her work commitments. But you are maybe seeing a slightly, and only slightly side of me that is learning that it is ok to not work for a few hours. Every now and then I am going to say sod it, can't be bothered. Apparently it'll be good for me.

So, I've just finished answering questions for a feature on me and I've decided I wanna go for lunch, an INFORMAL lunch that doesn't involve talking about business, with a stranger. Is that weird? Lunch with a stranger. Hmmmm. Not sure why it appeals to me but it does. Anyway I posted on my FaceBook status that I was looking for a lunch partner and FLIPPIN ECK I got about 60 inbox messages within the first 5 minutes. So now I've got spare time AND MORE work to do, work that involves deciding what I want to eat and who I want to eat it with. It's quite funny actually.

Ok I'm not promoting meeting up with strangers form the internet. I'll be safe, don't worry. I probably won't even meet anyone. In fact I'm probably gonna get in a bit of trouble just even promoting that I am free and available for lunch, as well as even thinking about meeting with a stranger but you know what? Who cares? It's all part of my new "sod it" attitude. Hope it doesn't last too long

Thai or Sushi?

Portia xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FOCUS IS THE KEY...LIKE THAT...U SOUND LIKE A NORMAL, NICE HONEST PERSON TO ME...MAKE SURE YOU GET TIME 4 YOURSELF TOO LOV.....NOTHING IS MORE PRECIOUS THA NOW...IT'S ETERNAL x s

Wediva Events said...

i'm loving your diaries Portia...keep them coming.I see you love food as much as me...it's Simone I know u remember me! xxx

p.s. take no notice of those bitches...do your thang!

Anonymous said...

So...

How did your dinner go?

Anonymous said...

babes y didnt u phone me ..

jazino serve