Diary of a Lioness



Wednesday 15 October 2008

I've got the flu!! :(

I am feeling so sorry for myself right now!! Well not really sorry for myself, more like angry with myself because now I am not sure if I should attend the MOBO's or not! I have about 1 minute to make my decision and then start getting ready. But realistically the best thing for me to do is just rest. It hardly makes sense being on the red carpet surrounded by glamourous looking people, sneezing and looking like Rudolph!! Awww man. I'm quite annoyed.



Oooooookkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy







I'm over it. Shit happens. And I had a wonderful night last night at the Africa Rising event which makes up for it. It was such an amazing and inspiring night. Colin Powell (Former US Secretary of State, and as Trevor Nelson announced, "The best black president we never had") gave a fatastic speech which really uplifted the crowd, and can you believe Nigeran Hip Hop group Olu Maintain (who I love!) had Colin dancing and singing on stage! It was so much fun!

Photobucket



Then there were the fashion shows; I don't even know where to start. Some gorgeous designs from Chris Air and I absolutely adored Oswald Boateng's show; his suits are off the hook (And his models, lol) With some of the biggest catwalk models in the game it really was a show never to be forgotten. And I MUST get my hands on some of the designs; they were to die for.



I was dressed from head to toe in African attire; I will post some pics when I can. Did the whole red carpet thing and that was fun; everyone was going crazy until Christina Aguilera came right behind us then everyone really did start going mad!! Seal gave a great performance and had everyone up out of their seats.



I'm just so glad to have been a part of such a great cause and to be able to support. Africa really is on it's way up. And like Colin Powell said; we need to focus on our younger generation because they are our future. Please keep checking my website for more info on my charity http://www.portiafreno.com/ In the meantime, if you are on FaceBook ;) join the group and support the cause. It's early days but I am excited about it, especially after having so much support with it.



Anyway, there was an after party at the Ritz, but me trying to be sensible and a good girl I decide to take myself home as it was midnight, I had a shoot first thing in the morning and I wanted to look fresh for the MOBO's and as I was already feeling quite ill I thought it best if I just go home and catch up on some beauty sleep.



But no



Looks like i might as well have partied after all! Because look where being sensible got me! I woke up even worse anyway! Ok it probably didn't help that I was up with a friend till like 5 in the morning, but that's not the point.



So here I am, I've hardly moved apart from getting up to have a shower, and now I'm gonna head off down the road to get some oranges and smoothies and any superfoods that are gonna help :(



Anyone who hits the after party tonight have a drink on me.



And I'm not jealous.



Not in the slightest



Bye.



Portia xx


Oh and did I forget to mention Tyson? How thoughtless of me.

He is even better looking in real life ;)

No, I didn't think that possible either. But trust me, it's true. Won't say anymore

Photobucket

2 comments:

Incisive said...

Cant wait to see the pics of you in African attire!!!! hope you get better soon hun

'Cisive
x

Phil-o-spiration ♫☆♪☆♫☆ said...

I'm feeling the same way, i'm so sick and still went out lat night against all sensible judgement. But i also had a great time and woke up feeling even worse. lol

Have a great shoot.