Diary of a Lioness



Friday 10 October 2008

It's been a very odd day. I've felt strange all day, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I've been feeling ok one minute and then extremely upset the next.

Life is short; like crazy short. What do you have time for? What should you bother with or let get to you? What should you really care about?

A while ago, someone asked me to send a get well soon message to one of their friends to cheer them up. I did so, off course, and didn't think much of it. Ever since, the guy who I sent the message to has left me happy bubbly comments that made my day, or sent me uplifting messages.

The other day, I responded to one of the messages, and also asked if he was feeling better now. I assumed he was, I mean, I thought it was just a flu or something. He told me that in fact no, what he has is quite serious. After finding out exactly what it was he was ill with I couldn't help but cry. I couldn't believe what I was reading. This guy was such a happy, positive person! And I get angry over crap to do with my work or stupidness, when this guy has been sitting in hospital all this time and still found the strength to be cheerful.

It made me feel angry at myself and made me realise what a nasty, shallow world/industry I live in. We are all so self-absorbed sometimes and rarely stop to think about others and how it is so much worse for other people. Well actually, I do often, but hearing what he was going through really affected me for some reason. I mean, really affected me. After all the sweet things he sent me I never had a clue he was in hospital the whole time!

The worst things happen to the best people

It reminded me of a girl very close to me, more like a sister, who is also one of the most strongest, positive people that I know, despite her illness trying to destroy her; she won't let it.

I miss her

Since that day I just can't seem to concentrate fully on my work. I feel better knowing that I am trying to help others. I just want to be in a position where I am a role model and in a position to change things. All these powerful, influential people that still only concentrate on themselves and have nothing positive to do or say just make me sick.

Anyway, I've been going through lots of emails, doing interviews and trying to write an article all day. Jill Scott and Erykah Badu have got me through this weird day...they take you to another world. Could listen to them all day.....

Check out my latest feature on YoRaps.com

I'm going to be spending the weekend with my family. I really miss them these days what with my hectic lifestyle.

Only concentrate on what is important. Get rid of anything negative in your life.

Make right what you have done wrong; don't have regrets.

Make sure those who you love and are important to you, know just how much

Life is way too short

Portia

http://www.Yoraps.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have every right to be upset. the world is a cruel place. but you are doing great and wonderful things to help people. i am one of them. i dont have much to look forward to in my life but your work, positive attitude and determination to make a difference gives me something to look forward to. you are truely an inspiration and i have loads of love for you and your work. so thank you for being you and sharing your journey with us.
xxx

Anonymous said...

miss u 2 zulu.