Diary of a Lioness



Friday 14 November 2008

Do I have Problems??


Right now I feel Happy, Upset, Confused, Excited, Amused, Eager, Impatient, Patient, but oh SO GOOD!

I love it and I hate it! It's like having constant butterflies in your stomach....Aaaaaahhhh!!

Anyway, apparently I have problems. I CANNOT relax.

Here's an example;

I had a FULL PAMPERING DAY booked at the Spa yesterday. I was supposed to be there from 9am until 5pm.

So, I woke up around 7.30. Well in actual fact, I woke up at 5:45 cos I couldn't sleep, then went back to sleep kinda, but got out of bed at half 7.

My plan was to have a quick shower, eat some porridge, then go straight to the Spa.

But of course I had to send a couple of emails first. C'mon!! Be fair! So after showering, I sent and read a few emails. A few emails led to a few more, then a few more. Anyway, I didn't actually reach the Spa until 10am, but luckily just in time for my first treatment; a full body massage. An hour of luxury right? Wrong. I could not relax! I was thinking about the event, and the emails I had read, and wondering if things were ok.

Then my phone starts vibrating in the pocket of the gown I had hung up.

My therapist is like, "Portia, you can keep your phone in the dressing room, I promise you it will be safe as it is only your dressing room and noone will go in!"

I'm like "No you don't understand, I NEED my phone on me. I WANT my phone to stay here with me. Got it?"

Looking at me like I'm crazy, my therapist continues to massage me.

"Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Yep. Phone vibrated the whole hour.

As soon as she's like "Ok all done" I jump up, grab my gown, and get back to the missed calls.

So my therapist is already thinking I'm a freak.

Then, I had to bloody get off my phone so she could give me a facial. I couldn't wait for the foot massgae, so I could multi-task.

I have to admit though; that was one amazing face massage. I fell asleep!

During lunch, I realised that I really should try to relax for the rest of the day. So I had a glass of wine, and tried to not feel guilty that I was getting pampered whilst my PA worked her arse off

I spoke to my girl, she's like "Portia. This is WHY you have a PA. Just flipping relax. How can you feel guilty for your PA doing her work? You NEED a break so you can frigging function. You are not normal."

Friends always tell it how it is

So I'm thinking ok, cool.

Got my foot massage and IGNORED my phone.

Got a manicure and IGNORED my phone

Pedicure, same thing

But then I realised what I was doing to compensate; I was boring the flipping therapist, talking away non-stop about bloody work!

But I don't think she was that bored actually; she seemed to be enjoying all the madness I go through. She even told me that I've inspired her to follow her dream! She said she wants to help children with behavioural problems, and thanks to me she's gonna go for it!

Once I got my eyebrows done, I'm told I've got an hour to go for a steam, jacuzzi or whatever, before they start on my hair and do my make up. Ummmm....

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????

See ya later!

I was off!!

I practically ran back to the dressing room, mad at myself for already getting carried away with this whole "relaxing" thing

The therapist is calling after me, like don't I want the rest of my treatments?

Errr NO!

Despite all this, I had a lovely day. Seriously.

SERIOUSLY I DID!

There's just too much to be done that's all. And BlackBerry's really screw you up because your work follows you EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, this goes to those out there that find it hard to relax; just read my post and see how crazy it sounds. You'll soon wanna chill out more

And for those of you who find it easy to chill out

Whatever

;)

Portia xx

6 comments:

Phil-o-spiration ♫☆♪☆♫☆ said...

Wow....you had a hard day. wish you would have enjoyed it more.....
:-(

Anonymous said...

I knew you were a psyhco, I just knew it... From the time I read your first three or four blogs!

I ACTUALLY felt on edge just reading this post; it was hilarious and discomforting... I'm thinking if that stream of conciousness came out any faster your head may explode. For your healths sake you need to learn to chill and let others worry for you! You'd disagree... but wait you even worry about your PA doing too much work?! I'm baffled. Your shifts in moods are funny lol.

Alright and your post before this... You're not naive; just a typical Libran. Unfortunately your balanced judgement of people often leads to having a balanced and overall pleasant and neutral disposition towards them - when in reality sometimes it's best to be one-sided and a bit more critical. Especially with all the people that would have an agenda behind wanting to talk to you in the first place; whether it be for bettering their career or any other reason. The trick is let them do the talking and they'll pretty much spell out their intentions eventually. You were right, like does attract like so you will also attract some very cool people, so you don't have to worry about the minority of people that will wish anything other than good things for you...

Anyhoo... I'm off skating (roller skating btw) and to carry out my promise if it can be done!

Nutcase.

AJxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, i have to say, although we're not in the same business I can't live without my phone either for other reasons. Anyway, I love reading your blogs, remember it could always be worse. BTW, Love your new profile pic:), take care

Anonymous said...

Ur blog was soo funny. Babe ur still young stop stressing soo much lol, u do things the way u want!! xxx

Anonymous said...

at least u ogt most of the massages done babe how good are the foot massages though i had never had a massage till may til me pals said have one in thailand they are the bollox

Anonymous said...

vrrrrrrr vrrrrrrr.. even I didnt know vibration was spelt like that ;) , but on the real.. theres a lot of traffic that goes on in your mind when theres a lot happening careerwise so hey.. its only natural , but you chilled out which is good.. and you inspired your therapist to follow her dream.. thats semi-oprah like ;) Interesting indeed P