Diary of a Lioness



Monday 2 February 2009

Rescheduled! Typical!


It hasn't snowed like that in how many years and it decides to on the day of my pre-launch for my website!! I was so pissed off I wasn't even going to turn up!! But a few people had made it down; some had flown from Paris and even the States just to see me, so I knew I still had to go down....Lets just say it was not one of the best nights I've had, but certainly not the worst. After getting through about 7 bottles of champs I started to lighten up! And Shereen-Crystal, a friend and amazing singer got on the mic and gave us goosebumps with her beautiful voice.

After everyone had left a few of us stayed in for a lock-in and continued to dance away; the DJ seemed to leave the best music for our little private party which didn't make much sense to me. Oh my goodness I adored the bongo player; he was fantastic!

Can you believe we then were stranded in the club because no taxi's would come out in the snow and noone wanted to drive! In the end I ended up paying a random guy who was the club owner's friend to make the dreaded journey; we actually got stuck trying to get up Richmond Hill and the car was swerving and sliding everywhere!

But........

My OFFICIAL website launch will be on Tuesday 10th, and hopefully this time there won't be a snow storm! There will be models from Brazil auctioning clothes and a fashion show, better weather, better vibes ;) I guess everything happens for a reason. Though I can't really understand why this had to happen lol. I feel bad because I didn't really mingle last night but it's only because I arrived so late and was dealing with loads of little things when I arrived and to be honest I felt quite agitated; the photographers were getting on my nerves (sorry guys) but getting snapped all the time gets annoying when you just want to chill out. So I think it's safe to say I wasn't the loveliest person...but understandably ;)

Anyway just make sure you make it down on Tuesday 10th and I promise you you'll have a fantastic night.

And I'll be in a better mood

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I think I have pneumonia after a shoot I did on location; it was absolutely freezing but I had to just take it and strike my poses, trying not to shiver too much. Just seen some of the shots and they look hot so it's all worth it. The torture us models go through! The photographer was Squiz Hamilton; he's so talented and I love working with him.

Gonna cook some food now sweeties

Ciao

Portia xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just landed in Toronto (hate layovers)and realized I didn't comment on your blog (might as well keep that streak going)
Weekend was indeed interesting to say the least. I grew up in cities where it snows 10" overnight and we still have school so to see a city so crippled by some snow and icy streets was kind of humorous to me.
I'm sorry it had to happen on your special night, if it makes you feel any better I had to walk almost 2 miles back to my hotel cause no one would drive us from the pub where we watched the superbowl.
Will have to visit more often....maybe next time it'll be better weather. (I've fallen in love with your city though)

Anonymous said...

Don't apologise, it's not your fault. Defo come down on the 10th xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

:O rah that CK pic on ur blog page... u look disturbed like uve been crying and sexcii at the same time loooool

Anonymous said...

You look amazing on that image xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie...

I'm sorry I didn't turn up Sunday but I wasn't going anywhere in that crazy weather can't blame you for not wanting to either :(.. Sorry..

Is the next party in the same place?

x

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

sounds like u were drinking like a sailor, sorry for the weather be safe

rdb