Diary of a Lioness



Saturday 24 January 2009


Hey my lovelies. Hope you are well. I am ashamed to say that I am in bed. I have been up from early and yes I have showered but I am now back in bed with the laptop dreading the thought of having to step out into that cold! Today all I am doing is flat hunting, looking for a couple of make up artists and going through emails; I don't have a meeting until 8.30 this evening so I will definitely not be leaving the house before that! My gorgeous godson is sleeping next to me; though he has been a little cheeky today he always gets away with it because he is just too cute!

Ok so the last few days I've just been shooting, with friends, meetings etc. The other day I did a shoot with the extremely talented Squiz Hamilton; the shoot was crazy!! I was covered from head to toe in silver body paint! The body painter Amanda is so talented; she showed me some examples of her work and I am talking some serious stuff here! She will soon be working on film-sets. Anyway I didn't want to look like I had just been eaten alive so we kept it slightly more simple and completely covered me in silver. When the film crew turned up they were shocked to see me like that! But I wanted to do something different; so many people are quick to call themselves models but apart from obviously having to have some good assignments under your belt you need to also do more than just try to look pretty or just stand there to call yourself a model! I wanted more of a range when it came to my work.

I almost didn't even go; had an awful night the night before, didn't sleep and woke up with one FAT eye (sometimes when I'm really really stressed or upset my eye swells up; don't ask me why!) So I was in a real bad mood and as I knew the shoot was going to be quite demanding and require a lot of creativity on my part I felt like I didn't have it in me and perhaps shouldn't go. But after not long I got my act together; you can't not turn up to a shoot; how unprofessional! So we drove all the way to Dorking ( the stylists drove down from Birmingham so I'm not complaining)

Anyway the shots look hot, even before editing! Some are a bit scary lol, but I guess that's all part of modelling. Thanks Squiz! And thanks to Amanda and Rachel for putting it all together.

Can you believe the silver took 3 days and 8 washes to come off! I swear!

The next day it was my best friends birthday; about 15 of us went out to eat then to a lovely little bar. It was so Sex In The City lol. Was a really nice night.

Next day it was the Thriller Live Premiere; I almost didn't go but after my day was over I found myself wih my girl in Portobello Road with a spare evening, plus she loves Michael Jackson and I had been invited by the guy who created the whole concept so I thought why not, let me go and support. It was down the road in Leicester Square. I wasn't really sure what to expect but I did think it would be more like a story of his life but it turned out to be more like a tribute. The dancing was great. Saw loads of people I knew and a few friendly faces o that was cool. The after party was in Cafe De Paris and that was even better! Latoya had just been thrown out of the BB house and came down to hang with her brother, Tito, who was already there as he came to watch the show.

Latoya is so lovely and sweet! When she first came to the table she caught my eye, smiled and waved at me! Now I'm really really not the type to get star struck, you can ask any of my friends who can't believe how calm I stay when I tell them all the people I've met, to me humans are humans lol, but this is the Jacksons we're talking about. And if I am honest I find them a little strange, slightly fascinating even. Anyway Latoya was a sweetie even though she didn't always seem to be aware of what was going on around her. My pics with her came out terrible but I might post a few up later when I get them.

Oh my goodness the mini Michaels were sooooo cute! I'll post up some pics of them too later; yeah cool I'm being lazy but I really can't be bothered to do it right now as I've just realised how hungry I am! Lol. When I'm hungry I can't function. Anyone who works or who has worked with me knows this; always make sure there is a contant supply of food. Conveniently most of my meetings are in restaurants ;)

So....yep the Premier was great, did some good networking and met so many talented people, so glad I got invited!

Next day, after eating with a friend I had a meeting about a gig I may be doing at the o2 arena, then at about 1.30am I decided to pass through Penthouse. Was a good night actually. Not really sure why I went but I felt like dancing a bit so went there dressed down in my flats and danced the night away! lol

Yesterday I was on the road all day working and then came to see someone who I hadn't seen for 4 whole days and missed like crazy lol. Pathetic

Anyway let me go and feed my hungry belly; everytime I say that I feel guilty as I KEEP on telling myself that every morning when I wake up I'm gonna work out hard. I am shooting a cover on Tuesday so between now and then I need to be hitting that gym!

Have a lovely weekend ;)

Portia xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog portia. Have not heard from you in a while. hit me up baby.

Stevie x

Anonymous said...

"came to see someone who I hadn't seen for 4 whole days and missed like crazy"

is this a guy the rest of the world should be jealous of? :-(

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yoice been busy and having an exciting few weeks. Can't wait to see how well everything goes for you, you deserve every good thing thy happens babe ad more. Good luck