Diary of a Lioness



Sunday 3 May 2009


Hello again lovely readers, just another quick one as I've got a very busy day today. Surely you must be proud of me for the regularity in which I am now blogging!

You will not be so proud, however, to know that I have not been working out as religiously as originally planned....Oh well, don't need to anyway! Blah to working out! No that's not true, we all need regular exercise and I plan on getting back on it next week. Planning and doing, two different things!

Today I have a shoot, then I have to rush to the Semi-Finals for Juice Magazines next top Uk model search; the winner flies to New York, shoots the cover, etc. I am a judge and I will be judging alongside top model from the US Jessica Rabbit. I am more than happy to help to pick a model I feel has not only the beauty but the talent and the drive to actually make it in this industry. It really takes a lot more than looks and I hope we find a girl with the full package! Lol, have to laugh at something my friend wrote on their Twitter about every girl thinking they are a model now. It started a little debate actually, and it's true, he and many others are right; doing a couple of photoshoots doesn't make you a model. If that's the case everyone is a model because anyone can pay a photographer to make them look good! It takes a long time of castings, jobs (PAID JOBS) and experience to be able to call yourself a model. There's a big difference between an aspiring model, and a working model. Anyone can look good with a good photographer and make up, but without those, can you still work the camera? Who are you modelling for? I could go and grab a girl off road, stick her in front of a good photographer and get some great shots; is she now a model? Lol. Get real. This is for all those aspiring models and working models who are striving towards success; not claiming it before they've even achieved anything!

After the shoot and the judging, I have a meeting with a woman regarding a charity campaign I may be modelling for, so I will keep you posted as and when I get more info.

In regards to my lingerie line, one or two things needed to get sorted asap so the team have flown to Asia for a couple of meetings...leaving me behind! I could do with a bit of sun! (real sun, not this British crap) But I know there is too much to be done here and I haven't the time to be jetting off. The meetings are important but nothing the rest of the team can't deal with.

The other day I mentioned I was tired of working and shooting and filming and writing and producing etc. I then got about 30 emails asking me if I'm "retiring" LOL! They were the funniest emails I've had in a while! Retiring! Get real! I'm not even close to the success I've got in mind. It was funny cos I know I've still got so much to do but also sweet that some people believed I was in a position to "retire". Lol. Hopefully before I am 26 I can not retire, but really kick back and start a family etc, but I do plan on retiring properly before I am 30; don't wanna be middle-aged and still hustling, no way! That's when I'll stop and give my children/husband 100% of my time. I'm not gonna be a Madonna whos kids never see her!

I'm just about to answer some questions for the Daily Sport so I'll let you know when you can read the interview

I just wanna thank Mr weatherman for the sun; keep it shining

Keep your mind right and your body tight

Lioness xx

3 comments:

Aidan Torres-Smart said...

Impressive stuff!! Regular blogs again!!! Gd 2hear ur projects comin along well! Stay focused and by time ur 26 u will def be kickin bk with ur family. Stay blessed Portia, enjoy the rest of ya day

Maleek Berry said...

Good to see you got your retirement plan on the way lol.. thats a good look. again, a blog that i actually life

www.twitter.com/maleekberry
@maleekberry follow me

Kizzy said...

You're a real inspiration Portia and it was a real pleasure to meet you in person. Sorry for getting a little star struck lmao but it was strange to actually see you in the flesh. You're beautiful; even more beautiful than your pictures which you would have thought wouldn't be possible. I will keep in touch via your fan page xxxx

p.s you have inspired me to start a blog so please follow me if you can once I start it