Diary of a Lioness



Wednesday 13 May 2009

x x x x


Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

I'm in such a good mood!! Lol, just finished singing and dancing around my room; you know what I'm talking about girls; hairbrush or remote as a microphone, banging out the dance moves. I'm so so so so tired but so so so so excited about things I can't talk about but can most definitely think about and get excited about lol. I've had butterflies for the last couple of days but that's another story..... ;). That's more of a personal thing but because of the butterflies I haven't been able to sleep a wink. Usually I don't sleep cos my minds just buzzing buzzing buzzing but for the last couple of days there has only been one thing on my mind.....

It's funny how things turn out.......... ;)

Anyway, I should probably brush on my last couple of days.... Ok I can't even remember lol. Ummmmm.... Ok....Oh yes! Well the usual really; but only one shoot since my last blog. (I think that was only a fey days ago) Did 2 interviews/features. Didn't work out. Actually worked out once. Ate a load of donuts and chocolate.....

Photobucket

On Monday I went straight from a "workout" in the gym down to my boys studio to catch up. Although an artist himself, he was working on a track for/with a boy group who I have to say have great talent. I had never heard of them before and still haven't managed to check out their stuff but I listened to them record a whole track and they are all wicked singers and lovely lovely people so I wish them and know they will get all the success possible. They are called Frixion so check them out! Can I quickly add that during that time my producing skills came to light and I discovered I had yet another talent lol! But I'm not actually joking! I just don't stop lol. I'm gonna do an engineering course anyway; I'm working on my music so I might as well produce some of my own tunes as well

Sorry I just had to take a quick break. I just had to go hard to Donaeo; it's a Funky Movement! Ok I'm back now.... Ok after recording was over we had a quick listening session and I got to hear some EXCLUSIVE stuff from the biggest group about to hit the music scene HARD; FDM, as well as some Neyo tunes that none of you have heard! Aren't you jealous? I know Neyo pissed me off not too long ago but oh my goodness that guy has mad talent. And the boys are heading in the same direction. Many of you probably already know about FDM and if you don't you're about to know. They recently got signed to Neyo! I'm sooooo excited for them as I know they have been on the scene for a while now and deserve everything that is coming their way. They are crazy talented, can dance AND sing (at the same time lol) and have a certain vibe about them that means they will always stand out from the rest. It's mad how exciting it is when something so exciting happens for someone else close to you! Well I predicted it anyway, lol. Well done boys...well done V ;) They are touring with Neyo and Kerri Hilson very soon; check out their site and get the tour dates; the first London show is already sold out so hurry hurry hurry! I can't explain to you how dope their album is..... http://www.myspace.com/fdmonline

Photobucket

So anyway the listening session was a little treat for me. I love listening sessions anyway; have had a few with artists such as Kardinal Offishall, Akon, Ray Lavender and I have had the pleasure of spending time with them in the studio recording, as well as Leona Lewis, so I'm fortunate to have been able to spend time with such musically talented people. I mean Akon and Kardinal Offishall...don't judge just what you hear them release themselves..... Akon is controlling about 70% of urban music; if he's not on the track he produced the track lol. And Kardinall Offishall; he's big, trust me. A lot of people's talents remain behind the camera; but that's because most of the time that's where the money is..... ;)

After getting home from the studio at about 3am I was on the phone until about 7am! Then I had a cold shower and got straight back to work! Nutter!!

I was supposed to meet up with Akon over the weekend; not just for a catch up with a very close friend but because I wanted to interview him for Portia Presents. Despite him being a good friend I won't hold back with the questions; many of you have emailed me with questions you want me to ask him and don't worry, I will! Most of it I already know anyway.... but I will just have to act surprised when he answers. Anyway, I didn't end up meeting him and a lot of my Twitter and Facebookers know why...... because just before I was on my way my friend called me sayng he had made me an apple crumble! Well c'mon what would you do???? I mean I was shattered anyway and I thought it was such a sweet gesture that I though oh what the heck, meet me at my house lol. Awww J I love you sweetie, you know me too well ;)

Anyway it's not a biggie; I'll get the interview wrapped up over the next few weeks.

I am also looking for up and coming talent to interview for the show, though I am being selective, hit me up!!

Photobucket

I keep having to stop writing so that I can dirty dance to the slow jams that keep playing! I think I should change the cd now..... Ok I'm locked into Kiss! Oh even worse.... now I'm tryna fight temptation to sing and dance to Destiny's Child! Love them.... Get back together get back together!!!!

Ok my darlings I have to go; two of my girls just turned up plus I just remembered I've left a crumble in the oven! (I just don't stop) I'm tryna put some weight back on though! I've gone from a 10 to an 8 and I'd feel like a 10yr old if I went even smaller to a 6; yuk! Luckily my bum hasn't gone but it's heading that way if I don't start getting some more sleep and less stress!

Love you all ;)

Keep your mind right and your body tight!

P xxxx

Photobucket

No make up, no sleep and check out my swollen eye!! :(

3 comments:

Hazel Paris said...

Hello Huni...
I just wanted to come through and say hello...
You probably get this every day...
but i've been following your blogs, and i am inspired in the way you have done your thing.. your multi talented and i like the way you conduct yourself. Being multi talented, your movements are inspiring for all fans, and follewers around.

Anonymous said...

No make up, no sleep and check out my swollen eye!! :(

And still Picture Perfect!

Monique said...

Hey babygirl, so here I am as promised lol!! for starters you look beautiful in ur pics, a pure natural beauty. As we've been chatting I find you as beautiful on the inside as u so obviously are on the outside! Is there no end to your talents!? Oh and by the way hunni....Kelis, so would I loooool!! So take care and we'll speak soon xxxx