Diary of a Lioness



Thursday 7 May 2009

The real Lioness......is tired tired tired!


The plan was to upload vids and pics of my week as there is so much to tell you and I thought it easier if I just let you watch what I have been up to! But just realised how much time and patience that involves, plus some of the pics are on my phone not my digital camera and although I have the wire the laptop is being a moron, so.... I guess you will just have to wait. I'm getting bored of always writing about what I have been getting up to cos I feel like I am repeating myself; most days involve shoots, filming, now the gym ( ;) ) and constant meetings and I am sure you already know that so.... gonna brush on my week then gonna share something with you. Ok so I had about 4 shoots this week, got tortured by a personal trainer (I left him after 20 minutes after finding out what he just made me do was only a warm up...Murderer!! ) One particular meeting I had this week has had me quite excited; although it is early days it is actually a huge charity project and I will be their spokeswoman!! My first proper spokesmodel job; I am so proud! Really proud to be representing as well cos it's an amazing and inspiring project. And I love that as a model I have yet another reason to show that I am more then a pretty face; being a spokesmodel is not as easy as you may think. I'm looking forward to attending events and appearing on tv shows to help spread the word. The woman behind the campaign is lovely and so intelligent; and it's not a coincidence that she is a Libra lol! What can I say, we just got it going on! Talking about Librans, I forgot to mention in one of my last posts that model Saffi Karina (Playboy, and I shot Flavour magazine with her) was also a judge for the semi-finals for the top UK model search for Juice magazine. Did I mention that competition? Saffi, Jessica Rabbit (akamissrabbit.com) and myself were asked to judge and find the finalists. The winner will be sent to New York and will shoot the cover; something I recently did! I will let you know when that cover is out. Literally all the finalists were beautiful and it was quite hard to let some go. That day was quite surreal actually; I had girls screaming saying "oh my God I just touched Portia Freno" !!?? MADNESS!! Anyway, good luck to the finalists, see you at the finals and you are all beautiful and intelligent enough to make it! xx

I'm actually really shattered today; literally didn't sleep a wink and just stayed up and continued working. I'm chilling now though and I'm gonna go and eat again in a minute; made a lovely Thai green curry which tastes off the hook. BEEP BEEP!

My favourite shoot this week was one I did yesterday. It was on location and I had a sneaky peek at some of the pics on the photographers laptop and I must say I was quite amazed; I really put my game on yesterday as it was quite high fashion/edgy and as you know you can't just stand there and do the same dry poses. It was a very natural shoot though; I barely had make up on which is great; to be a successful model you can't hide behind pretty make up; modelling is all in the eyes, the expression, the pose. It's a lot easier sometimes if the make up is amazing as you instantly look good without trying. Anyway was really really happy with what I saw and I'm dying to show you but can't post up ANY pics obviously until the images are used. You know how it goes :( And remember most new/best pics will only be on my official website as I don't post them up on my blog, social networks etc as people can steal them! The pic above was shot by Omar Mckenzie; he's great to work with!

After the shoot I went to a shisha restaurant and smoked peach and watermelon shisha for hours! It was great! lol. I even learned some Persian and apparently I am very good! I may record myself for you guys; I learned some naughty stuff as well lol. What? Never know when you might need it ;) Had some food and before I knew it it was 1am. Was gonna take a late night creep to Finchley to see a friend but he was tired and I was shattered so got picked up and called it a day. But no! Came home to a million and one emails and have been awake ever since! lol! Diaries of an insomniac and workaholic.... I am actually supposed to be in the studio as we speak but my BlackBerry is buggered somehow and I feel unwell so had to cancel.

Oh I might be an ambassador for a really big company; cross your fingers for me and I will let you know if it happens and if it does then I will tell you who for!

I think my feature with the Daily Sport runs on Tuesday but I will let you know for definite over the weekend.

Keep the 25th of May free guys. I have been booked to host a party with Buffie The Body. For those of you who for some reason have not heard of her she is a model with like the biggest boootaaay lol. She's shot covers for all the major American mens mags. Her line of work is quite different to mine but she is huge in the States so again, flattered to be getting booked with such known models. Google her for her website cos I haven't even checked it myself and don't know what it is. So she'll be flying down to host Juice magazines finals afterparty. Email me for more info and guestlist. This one's gonna be crazy, trust me!

I've just remembered I was supposed to share something with you right? Maybe later or tomorrow; belly's rumbling, sorry!

In a bit!

Lioness xx

7 comments:

Martin said...

You seem like a very busy gurl Miss P. Its a real pleasure watching you work your way to the top. add me on facebook

Regina said...

whoop whoop! I see a Laura! Great to read about your latest endeavours - even if you are being coy! xxx

scratch said...

im pleased things are gonig so well treacle congrats on the spokewomen thnig u will do the lady and her company proub portia. i am loving the new pics u look the guvna as always babe i hope u have a few bottles of pinot this weekend treacle take care portia tada scratch xxx

num3r1cal said...

Portia and Buffie? lol that should be a very interesting (yet appealing) picture you snap....
I've met her and it is NOT a joke... it is quite honestly the BIGGEST butt i have ever seen, with a slim waist... its kind of hard to believe.

Glad you're staying busy and congrats on all the success... Good luck in everything babes.

xOxoXoxXo

David said...

Your boyfriend husband whatever you hav has gotta be the luckiest man alive. He must be laughing. You have a grown ass man starin at your pics in awe. you in fhm i believe? great spread

Shaun (Freno) lmao said...

David your stupid if u thnk its her looks tht make her beautiful. shes fuckin way intelligent, smart, driven. wife material mate

RAKSOUNDS said...

DIVAAA! You represent brand Portia Freno and you know.. people will embrace that and be proud of it as well..

love you for that :)