Diary of a Lioness



Wednesday 28 October 2009


Watup people?


So I've been booked for a big high fashion shoot! See! I told you height does not matter! You've followed me in my career and watched me do runway shows, high fashion shoots etc. But now you're about to witness some madness;


I've got a day and a half to go down a dress size


Hmmmmmm


As you know I've been really happy to have got my curves back; my man kept telling me my arse was getting bigger daily and of course I'd just smile and walk with an extra swing of the hip. Noooooow I NEED to be lickle bit so I can fit into this designers clothing! I've already lost a bit of weight over the last few days, not because I've been trying because I've been stuffing my face as always, but my weight has always been up and down anyway.


But I'm not quite an 8 yet, and I need to be a SMALL 8 by Friday.


The stylist has even flown in from America; I really want to deliver and give them the best shots. That will all go down hill if I don't even fit in the clothes! lol


I was really happy when I was contacted for the shoot. I was told the designer is in love with my portfolio and loves my look and has been considering me for her next shoot for a while. I was also told that the stylist from the States has been hoping to work with me and is flying over! Cool stuff. I will be shooting with one other model; 5 ft 10, skinny, stunning; you know the type. So I really have to have my A game on.


It was my bday the other day so I've been eating sooooo much cake and drinking a bit too much alcohol. So it's detox time I think.


Oooooh let me brief you on my bday. I only wanted a quiet one as it's only my 23rd and to be honest now wasnt the time for distractions what with so many deadlines.


I told my friends NO RAVING


I even told my man, who had booked dinner at Nobu and then a table at a club, "No thanks".


He misinterpreted this as me being an ungrateful bitch! But he spends so much flippin money on me all the time and he had spent so much on my present I didn't see the point in wasting another grand on alcohol and food.


What I did instead was so beautiful :)


I went to the screening for a friends new film at The Gate in Notting Hill; soooo my kinda thing, followed by some drinks on Portobello rd with friends and then danced the night away at The Arts Club. The truth is I wasnt even dressed up; polo neck and jeans! I had only planned to walk down to the screening, the rest wasnt planned but I had such a fantastic time. The music was great; no commercial ish. I got so drunk though; shame on me :0 I got recognised numerous times which was nice but also embarrassing cos I was so wasted and I'm not sure what I said to them. Looooool. Then my man and I had a quiet one in with a few bottles.....you know the rest ;) Well actually it started off as a party in my bedroom; I think I'm a DJ (which I'm learning to be) and was playing the soulful Funky, then switched it up and gave him some Hip Hop...good times.


BUT. The BEST part of my birthday? My Chloe bag ;) Oh I should have taken a picture. I will post one up for you. I can't believe my man spent £1250 on a bag. To be honest it's not the price that touched me as much as the fact that he picked it himself and went to great lengths to choose the perfect bag for me. Awww I love him.


So that is a brief on my birthday. Hahaha I've got some funny stories to tell you (oh the shame) but I will hit you up in a next post.


I feel a bit overwhelmed with my deadlines that sometimes I'm not sure where to start! I've been given 5 new tracks to write to for various artists including myself, I have another shoot to do for my calendar cos I changed my mind about 7 of the images! I've just teamed up with a big lifestyle company; my workshops are about to change and they are gonna be BIG. More info on that soon.


I am currently seeking PR interns, song writers, graphic designers and photographers, so spread the word


I should be at the 50 cent Premiere tomorrow; it all depends on whether my mum comes down to visit or not


Will tell ya the rest another time


Keep ya mind right and your body tight


Portia xx
Photobucket
Cake made by FreeLayLay. Look out for news on her soon to be published book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post... For a very good Graphic designer, check www.kennydesignsit.com tell him Ab sent ya. He's very professional and currently head of graphics for Classic Media ( the Producers of Postman Pat etc )