Diary of a Lioness



Wednesday 31 December 2008

BE PROUD OF ME!!

Because I am! lol. So yesterday a very close friend of mine's mum, who is also like a mother to me, told me that I must be downstairs by 7.30am the following morning to go running with her! I was like "yeah that's cool with me, I can do that! When will we get back? Like, 7.45?"

Ha!

She laughed for about 5 mins then said we will be running for an hour and 15 mins!!!! And I knew she wasn't joking because she is a very healthy woman who gets up at the crack of dawn to exercise and pray, so I knew I was in for some serious torture.

I called my friend who is chilling in the sun abroad (alright for some) and he laughed down the phone, telling me I'm not capable. Well that just made me even more determined; I'll show him!

Making things harder for myself as usual, I didn't fall asleep until about 4am, which I guess isn't too bad for me, but when my alarm went off at ten past 7 I wasn't a happy bunny. I looked out the window and noticed that there was ice covering the cars in the drive, it wasn't even completely light yet, but even worse still, my friends mother's car was not in the drive!!

Now, I could have praised the lord for letting me off and jumped straight back into bed; in fact, I almost did do this until I realised that I had another 20 mins to get ready and knowing my luck she would come back 2 minutes before we were due to go all ready and pumped up, find me snoozing and never believe that I really did get up.

So I thought cool, let me prepare myself for the worst (Her coming back)

I splashed cold water on my face, brushed my teeth, pulled on a trackie and sat watching Eve on Sky planner..........

.......Ok.......8am and Auntie (that's what I call her) still was not back.

BUT; Did I crawl back into bed thanking my lucky stars?

NO.

I went jogging alone. Yes. I took myself out of the warm, into the spiteful bitter cold, and went jogging!! Me!!

You're probably thinking... So....??? But seriously this really is not my sort of thing, I mean, I'll get up early for something worthwhile like work or flights. But jogging?? Really? Be serious.

So the road I was on is like the longest road ever, so I thought I'd run all the way around which might not sound far but it's about a mile run, but I ended up going to Valley Green Walk and running through the parks. It was quite nice actually; everyone I passed said good morning and were either walking their dogs or putting themselves through torture like I was, so I wasn't alone!!

The mad part is I actually enjoyed it! I warmed up after a few minutes; the only thing I regret is going out without an i-pod or some music cos I think that would have kept me going for longer.

Haha Auntie just came in the room ready to go jogging! How funny! I told her I had already been and she gave me the look! I'm so glad there are witnesses (I made a show of going and made sure a few people saw, or heard, me leaving the house) Anyway she said she's proud of me :)

To be honest I'm kinda glad I missed her because she is now going jogging for an hour and 15 mins, when I only went for half an hour! Ok, 20 mins. But that's only cos I got bored.

It gets better....

When I got back, I did some crunches! I say "some" because that way you will be more impressed than if I tell you how many I actually did.

Just be proud. And I might actually do it again. I'll film it next time for a laugh

Ok, I promise you there are much bigger things for you to be proud of me for...I promise!!!!

I was gonna take a quick nap before beginning my day but I just got told I've got to look after my little Godson while Auntie goes jogging; he's about to wake up and I need to give him a shower and make him breakfast. I love him so much, even though he is extremely cheeky.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Gonna love ya and leave ya

P xxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

running or working out without an ipod is torture in an of itself. Certain songs can give me a shot of adrenaline to run well past what my body feels is possible.
congrats though! I dont know how you keep that figure without working out, truly blessed you are.

Happy New Year! 2009

see you soon xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Well Done P! :D

Anonymous said...

do you need an ipod love? running without one is treacherous. load it with your favorite music and you can at least double the time you ran babe. get one soon.
happy new year. well done!

Anonymous said...

There's no way you ran round that whole road; you mean like all the way round to the high st and then a complete circle? Yeah right P; you forget I know that area (better than you) and I couldn't even be bothered to walk that lol. Nah I believe you though coz I know what you're like when you're determined lol.I'm proud of ya girl!!!! Why didn't you just go to hampstead heath park? You should go there next time though I guess it is a bit of a trek from the house; by the time you get there that would have been your workout!! Aaaggh Jordan is so gorgeous! I keep thinking his name is Jamal!???? I don't know why I keep going to call him that. Anyway bitch speak to ya soon, try reading your inbox on facebook girl

Han Han xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and I know you only did about 5 crunches loooooooool. Just kidding, you know you hot you don't even need to bother with 5!!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya gurl! Wishing continued success to you x

Check out my blog when you get a chance. www.lightscameradanielle.blogspot.com