Diary of a Lioness



Tuesday 19 August 2008

The Key To Success.....


Is to find your OWN IDENTITY. Know what it is YOU want, and WHY you are GOING TO GET IT. What makes you DIFFERENT to others? What makes you STAND OUT?

I am writing this especially for certain individuals; you know who you are.

The reason I have been successful in my career so far is down to me being me. You will not get anywhere in life trying to be someone else or something that you're not. Don't get me wrong; it's not always enough to just be yourself. You have to GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE. You have to have good marketing strategies; something I am blessed to have naturally.

It is a shame that some people have to copy my marketing strategies to try to become successful; it is also a shame that they aren't good enough to get out there on their own. I was flattered at first; but do some people not have any shame? I mean, are they not embarrassed?

You know who you are


YOU ARE OPENLY AND PUBLICLY TRYING TO BE ME. I am cringing for you!

My workshops teach girls how to find their own individuality, and yes, I will cover marketing skills with them, but that is different. I WANT to help them because they are my workshop girls.
But when some has-beens are literally trying to be Portia Freno I find it ridiculous. You can be inspired by Portia, you can get tips from Portia and help your own career grow, but you can't be me. Why would you want to be? I mean, I have role models but I don't want to be them! I want to learn from them.

Like I said, you know who you are. Don't be shy to hit me up and ask for advice rather than the silliness you are doing now; that way you will save a lot of face.Don't you want to know that you made it because you were capable? Not because of me??!!!!

I don't mean to sound bitchy girls and guys, this is only aimed at certain people and if you knew what they were doing you would laugh and agree! I do in fact wish them all the best in their endeavors; everyone deserves a chance and after years and years of trying it's what they deserve...

Anyway, I have some research to do for my next article in Eclectic magazine; I think you will find this one interesting....

Write down 5 things that you love about yourself before you sleep tonight

Portia x x

No comments: