Diary of a Lioness



Tuesday 27 July 2010


Well well well, what do we have here? A NEW post? From moi? Wooooow. I'm due a telling off right? Long time, no write, I know. I have been quiet on the internet but everything else has been crazy!

I will start with the best and most recent news; Portia Freno signs with AAB International management. I am now managed by Daren Dixon. Daren's clients include Kelly Rowland, Keri Hilson, Ali Bastien (Hollyoaks) Natalie Suliman (face of M&S) and a few selected more. Oh, and now me!

We were first formally introduced in New York at Talib Kweli's listening party by a great mutual friend.... and the rest is to be history. I can now officially say that I am AAB interntaional's latest signing. I am extremely happy and excited for the future.

So,what else has been going on in my world?

Before I continue, let me apologise for a lack of images as they are all on my iPhone and I left my iPhone in my interns car! Very irresponsible!

Esmee Denters release party:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Esmee Denters threw a party in M*vida and it was great! Nice crowd, familiar faces and a positive vibe. I am really proud of Esmee; she has been putting the work in and really deserves all the success she is due to get. Her voice is rich and unique, her talent forever improving and she is a very sweet humble person. It was fun catching up over a couple of drinks. Make sure you buy Esmee's latest single "Love Dealer", now available in the UK.

Photobucket

Knight and Day Film Premiere, Odeon, Leicester Square

I have been to premieres before, but this was my first red carpet at a premiere. I must say, it was surreal. I just want to shout out all my fans that showed me love and shouted out my name. It was quite unexpected but a great experience. To think that I was sharing a carpet with the beautiful Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise, and you still spotted me and showed your support. Kisses to you!

Knight and Day is the latest film from US director James Mangold. A combination of action and humour, it was expected to be an enjoyable and exciting film. Unfortunately it got very poor reviews in America, and I was unable to watch more than the first ten minutes as I was pulled out for a meeting, but be sure to check it out and see for yourself. I will post up some images of myself once I receive them.

Photobucket


London Motor Museum launch party with celebrity chef Aldo Zilli

So the first ever pop up London Motor Museum had a small and intimate launch party in Piccadilly. Their car collection boasts a value of over £250,000,000 and they drove some down for the event. I was getting so excited by all the hot cars! The best part was meeting Aldo Zilli; you must have heard of his restaurants. His food is amazing and he catered for the event. I also got to meet Dynamo magician who completely freaked me out. These are not tricks but MAGIC. After witnessing and being a part of some of his madness, I decided I didn't want him anywhere near me lol. Check him out!


My girl Terri Walker performs

So you read my last post and know all about Terri's latest endeavours right? Well she invited me down to watch her rock the stage in Shoreditch House. She was amazing! It's one thing having a good voice, but it is sooo important to have great stage presence and performing ability. This woman has so much energy and it was a pleasure to catch her in action. Make sure you keep up to date with Terri Walker.

The London Clothes Show Live

I headed down to The Clothes Show as I was working with Pantene. I had to continuously wave my hair around and suffered from a stiff neck after lol. And I brought lots of dresses :) Shows were great; overall it was a success.


Auditions/Script reading


I have been script reading and auditioning recently; watch this space :)


Girls Night Out

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My girl Toya Berry invited me to let my hair down and I thought, why not? I hadn't partied in London once that year, so felt like I deserved it. We went to Movida and stayed at the Carlton Tower hotel. Can you believe that it wasn't until the morning when we were lazing around eating that we discovered a door that led to the rest of the suite! Another 5 rooms lol. And all that time we were cooped up together, hahaha. We had champagne lunch and lots of food; it was nice to just chill out for once and be spoiled rotten. Thanks Toya xx


New photos below; I have some amazing new images that I am dying to share with you but I am not allowed to until they are published. But a few I shot for a boutique are below. They are untouched/unedited.

Have a productive week

Portia x


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Craig said...

Hello again Queen P,
Its crazy finding out you was at Movida for esmees party because me and some of your fans were also there (aww gutting i missed you)

It was an amazing party and wouldv been even better if we got to meet you!
You look amazing in your pictures,proper model like!! you really are beautiful Portia :)

x