Diary of a Lioness



Thursday 10 June 2010

Congratulations is in order!



Well well well! My first blog since back in sunny London ay! Yes I have been a lazy biiaaatttcch since arriving back in "the grey zone" as my friend calls it, but so what? Being away for 6/7 weeks made me realise just how much I love my fam and friends and that I cannot be away from them for too long!

Since arriving back I have spent everyday with those I love! I feel blessed to have so many around me who I love and trust with my life; it's a blessing.

New York was AMAZING and as you know I started a new project out there. My return to the States is already booked so my time here in London is temporary..... I have been refraining from writing about New York because I want to inform you of most things via video blog..... so hold tight.


I titled this post "Congratulations in order" because so many good things have happened since I came back and a few people deserve a pat on the back.

Firstly, my best friend finished her last exam. She has been working so hard on her psychology degree and finally the stress is over! I am so so SO proud of her! Next, she is off to the Caymen Islands for an internship before joining me in NYC! Aww God is good! We had a bbq and little party to celebrate as we had such a hot lovely day last week. We were there from midday till midnight eating, drinking and catching up with friends. Was a great day! Well done Laurs, love ya xx

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another HUGE congratulations goes to my sweethearts sister, who had a gorgeous baby boy last week! So last week we went down to the hospital to see the bundle of joy and I must admit tears came to my eyes lol. He is perfect. So much hair already and gorgeous eyes. His features are already so defined. He is adorable. His mother is glowing and doing well. God is good ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last congrats goes to Terri Walker. Met up with her out in New York and was very happy to hear that she's working with Rocafella and is in the studio with big boy producer Ski beatz; working in the Dash Gallery studios (Damon Dash's studio) She seemed soooo happy; she was glowing! Her voice is amazing, she's got personality and drive and has been given the freedom to work on material she is passionate about, as opposed to being a puppet to the commercial market. She'll be back in London very soon gigging so follow her on twitter @therealmzwalker and keep updated. Well done girly! Mwaaah

Photobucket

Ooooh let me congratulate myself actually! I am currently fasting and I'm telling you it is HARD! Any of you who follow me know how I love my food; so much so I get called Food Queen and regularly asked for food spots, dinner ideas etc LOL. I had just returned to London and was stuffing my face with my guy when he decided to tell me that tomorrow he was starting his fast! Me being me (speaking before I think) I agreed to fast with him. Why oh why. No I'm kidding; I am happy to be fasting. Makes you appreciate how lucky we are and reminds you how greedy we all are too! But boy oh boy you should see us when 6pm comes....damn! Like scavengers over the pot of food lol.I even resigned to eating KFC the other day as we were on the road when 6pm came along, and who's waiting to get all the way home? Yeah.... so anyway, that is why I deserve a congratulations! One and a half weeks to go...... wish me luck!

It seems a long time ago that I was eating ish like this for brekkie....

Photobucket

I am looking for interns for Snobbish TV. If you are interested in fashion, music, film/theatre, food/wining and dining, PA work, PR, events and/or fitness and would like to join the team please email snobbishtv@googlemail.com with a cv, pic and short bio on yourself, covering your interests and hobbies.

I miss some of my New York peeps.... :(

Michelle aka M dot aka M Dizzle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Harry aka Hari Hokis Pokis Bozadgerater Krishna


Photobucket


JJ aka Gadget aka My Homegurl!!


Crystal!!!! I just call her Crystal lol. She's actually from London and moved to NYC a few years ago. We had a blast in NYC. Luv ya girl x

Photobucket

There are many others I miss but I don't have pics so can't be bothered to mention them. You know who you are. See you soon x

Was also good linking up with Snips, Daren Dixon, Chris Stylez, Dready and Terri Walker out there. I got a Snobbish 16 out of Dready, Terri and Snips as well! You won't know what a Snobbish 16 is yet but you will soon! It's already evolved into the Snobbish 69, so the others got let off lightly!

You will know more soon........

Remember peeps; congratulate and applaud those when necessary; show people when you are proud of them, whether it for something big or small. Spread love! Encourage positivity and blessings.

A candle doesn't lose it's light by lighting another candle....

Portia xx

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mr. Ender said...

Firstly... congrats to everyone! finishing a degree, having a baby, and fulfilling their dreams. Always great stuff to read.
Why didnt you put our pic from NYC up?! oh yea... I remmber why -_-

:-) Hurry back...

Tony Williams said...

I see you in a few outfits that are absolutely stunning..I sang with Mr. Hudson at Roundhouse once, amazing venue...have you seen my blog Portia, http://tonywilliamsmusic.wordpress.com/ ,I notice that blogs that offer meat and substance don't get lots of comments ... but people see ya... You're a star Portia Freno