Diary of a Lioness



Friday 22 January 2010

♥ Lots to tell! ♥


Hellooooooo my darlings!

Long time no speak! Well kinda; I've definitely left it longer before!

Before I continue my post, I'd just like to give my condolences and prayers to the victims of Haiti. Damn; that shit really makes you realise how frikkin lucky you/we all are, doesn't it? Just when you're complaining about something trivial, you think about the devastating state of Haiti and kinda feel like a selfish ungrateful person for even moaning. I mean, we can only imagine what they are going through. We take taking things for granted to a whole next level; how often do you wake up joyous and grateful for a new day;for a roof over your head, clean water and clothes? How often do you go to bed at night and thank the Lord for even making it through another day without disaster or tragedy? We should never become complacent; tomorrow is not promised to anyone.......

Anyway, we can all help in some way, whatever our situation. Please try to peeps

My calendar is now available for download and all the proceeds will go to Haiti. I have sent clothes but still have another suitcase to send. You can purchase my calendar here http://portiafrenomerchandise.bigcartel.com Obviously a big incentive to buy is that the proceeds go to Haiti, but also you get 12 hot, unreleased images of moi so it's a win win!

Anyhoo.... moving on!

I have had a fantastic past few weeks; even the bad days have been great cos I always bounce back 10x stronger! The last few days have been particularly good, as I just moved to Angel! Oh my goodness I ♥ it. The buzz, the vibe, the energy and best of all....... the shops. I discovered some hidden little vintage boutiques last night; plus they have great stores like Joy and All Saints, wicked restaurants and bars; I am in heaven. What's even better is I'm tucked away on a quiter road; so not smack bang in the madness, but only a short walk away. Perfect ☺ It only got better when I was unpacking; I discovered two pairs of Vivienne Westwood shoes that I hadn't even worn yet and had forgotten about! It was my birthday all over again! lol. I did I have a slight panic attack when I couldn't find my diamonds; they are very special to me as they are from someone very special; but I still have lots of stuff down the road in Finchley so I'm hoping and praying to God every night that I find them there. Please pray for me peeps!!

Well it looks like I'm a North London girl now! As reluctant as I am; despite always reppin for West London, the truth is I've been living in North for roughly 3 and a half years now (besides a month or so when I was back right next to Westfields- disaster I tell ya!) So can I really call myself a West London woman? Lol I guess it's where your heart is. But it is fair to say an Angel is stealing my heart..... already ♥

So, as you probably already know, I am now presenting for the new mens publication INBOX magazine. I'm really excited about this mag; everyone behind it is dedicated and entrepreneurial and already I am really impressed with the first pilot issue. You can see it here It has a vast range of topics, all dedicated to men. I love the way it really focuses on entrepreneurial skills and interviews some real UK talent that can be under rated. For example, G Fresh; I've always rated him; his lyrics are sharp; his flow is deep and I've been following him for a while. Then there's SAS; who are more appreciated in the States. They are reppin Uk hard. I admire their grind and work ethic; I can relate ;) In addition to the website, you can check out Inbox magazine's YouTube channel, where you will find a video of me interviewing SAS. There are a lot more video interviews to come, including Mr Midas, DJ Logan Sama and Benjart dreams. Make sure you check it out!

Looks like everyone wants a piece of Portia the Presenter at the moment!

Photobucket

Today I got a phone call and was informed that The Sunday Show has been asked by channel AKA to be aired every week! That's great news for The Sunday Show team; they put the work in I'm telling ya! They more than deserve this. So I was more than happy when I was asked to jump on board as a presenter; I'll be conducting backstage interviews with the artists/acts and also interacting with the crowd; you know; spicing things up a bit ;) So now you will be able to see me on your tv screens every week! Woop woop! lol. Our only concern was my schedule; but hopefully I can fit it in and find a way for everything to work. I think I'm straight to filming this Sunday! Thats how this industry works. I will let you know how it all goes.

Photobucket


I have been speaking with a couple connects in the States who are telling me I need to be in New York like yesterday, lol. I would have just gone, but wanted to have my full lingerie collection before heading out there, plus I had other commitments etc and was in two minds. So I decided to go in May/June to give myself some time; I thought it best that way as then my American booker and stylist can have more time to work on my schedule. It wasnt only my collection, modelling/presenting, music etc that I wanted to do when out there, despite that being the obvious. I am in talks abiut getting involved in some marketing campaigns out there; I wont elaborate, but I have a strong interest. Anyway I have been doing a course on marketing and sales; I am going to be a pro! lol. I think it is very important to be multi-talented and to get involved behind the camera; not just in front. BUT; I spoke to one of my friends out in New York and he is telling me that May/June will just not do lol. Apparently it's too far away! So I have a meeting tomorrow and hopefully I will know more about when I will be leaving for NYC. I will be there for quite some time so it wasn't something I wanted to rush, especially now just moving house, but hey, that's the life of a working model!! I will also be working on a swimwear collection once in New York.

Lets talk working out.....quickly, lol. Had a very promising start last week; trained twice in one week! lol. It was with a personal trainer though so I was literally forced to do stuff; He kept shouting stuff at me like, "Get up get up!" and, "Go go go! Don't stop moving COME OOOOOON!!".
Very very mean man, I must say. Today, after being too afraid to see the trainer again for a few days, I worked out ALONE and I have to admit, I did well. It's not so bad after all lol. Despite never working out my body is in shape; but I know when you start thinking like that that's when things start going all pear shaped haha. So I am back at the gym and hopefully I will stick at it....... watch this space.

Photobucket

Anyway, I know it's Friday night, but the weekend doesn't mean parties for me. I have an early start tomorrow; meetings, seeing my friends daughter, meeting my girl, getting my nails and eyebrows done; etc etc. Soooooooooo

Ciao

Lioness

Sites to check out:

Me shooting for SHOW magazine; this video hit crazy views on ragggs.com; coming 2nd to Westwood with the most views! Anyone know why? lol http://www.ragggs.com/2009/12/24/portiafreno-photoshoot-with-show-mag-in-us/

portiafreno.com - Site soon to be spiced up; look out for that

Shout outs; toyaberry.blogspot.com because I am loving her new blog.

twitter.com/jacquelynejoyah Because she is not only my business partner and American booker, but also because she is a hot hot stylist, recently featured in Essence magazine

wordonroad.com Because they did the graphics for my calendar and are 24,7 working

twitter.com/jaystewartphoto Because he is my little gem photographer, shot most of my 2010 calendar and is mad talented. To book Jay for a hot price get at me

xx ♥♥ xx

3 comments:

Jay-star said...

Calendar is banging but classy. Need you in studio

Anonymous said...

Miss P

Its Miss Riley.....I miss you mayyynneee......

holllaaaa

Let me know what your doing and if i can help in any way

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Miss P

Its Miss R Riley

I miss u mmaayyyynneee

Holla

leme know what ur doing .....and what i can do to help :)

xxx