Diary of a Lioness



Tuesday 22 December 2009

Approaching the end of the year!!!!


Well well well.... what can I say??!! Another year almost gone by...Again.......DAMN!! Is it just me or did this year not go really really quickly? Seriously I can remember last year like it was last week! What a mad blur... I'm so awful with dates anyway; I wanted to go through my year with you, highlights and lowlights but I would just be calling people up like "What date did we do this?" and "when was that shoot?" Lol. Wouldn't make sense.


The year has been crazy; I know that much. And I've probably learned more about myself than I have in a long time. Not everything I've learned about myself I've liked, if i'm honest. But im happy I can say that; because I've made/am making the changes. Some people don't like to better themselves. Those who are wise know they are in fact not so wise. There is always much to learn; keep an open mind. There is always room for improvement.


One thing I have learned more than anything this year, is that nothing is possible without FAITH. That might sound obvious to you, but not really. Just wanting something or thinking you deserve something isn't enough. You have to truly truly believe in it and have faith. And patience. And without God I truly believe you cannot have that real, honest and strong faith. Never. I'm not going to start preaching people lol. But please have faith. So much has happened to me in the last couple of years that without faith in myself and others I don't know how I would have coped!


I mentioned a few posts ago that I was dropping projects and trying to find MY main focus; not wanting to be pushed in a direction others wanted for me anymore. I dropped my management a long while ago now and have been happy with the progress I have made alone. It's been hard, I wont lie. But what was harder was the fact that I didnt know exactly what I wanted to do! I was so torn between modeling, presenting, acting, writing, singing, music, media, designing, settling down or continuing alone on my journey and adventures... Aww it was mad. The truth is I was capable and great at all those things but it's not good being a jack of all trades; what did I want to master in?


I was also scared to up and leave for the States like I was supposed to; my heart took over.....


But you know what they say.. you gotta fly and if its meant to be..... but I stayed lol.


At one point I was done with the industry; oh how fake, shallow, bitchy, nasty and pointless it can be! I was feeling ready to just have cute gorgeous little babies and play house wife! lol. Oooh that was close; I don't think you are tired of me yet? Don't worry I'm not shacking up for now. I decided what I'm focusing on and you guys will definitely know more come 2010......


There is one special man in my life who for the last 3 and a half years has touched my life, always been there for me no matter what, always had my back and has become my closest friend before anything else. We've had our ups and downs but I've realised that a real friend tells you about yourself when you need telling! When I look back at the good and bad times of the past year, he is at the forefront; either happy for me or catching me when I fall.


So I think peeps, when you reflect on your past year, rather than only look at your success, also look at those who truly have touched your life. Think of those who you love and make sure you appreciate them because you never know when God has sent you an angel. Real love is when you make it through the storm smiling. Value your friendships. Don't ever think you can do it all alone. Yes there are a lot of fake people, I'm not saying you need to have dozens of friends. I can count my real and closest ones on one hand. Even if it's just that one person, appreciate them. Call them now, go on! Actually wait! Read the rest of this first, lol. But don't forget....


First I want you to read below and then let me know how YOU would answer xx


I AM PROUD THAT..... I broke through the height barrier and have been booking a lot of high fashion shoots alongside top agency models.


I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO..... My lingerie line. Doing more work and presenting for new mens publication Inbox magazine


I AM ASHAMED THAT I........ EVER entertained the silly little bitches that are clearly very jealous of me and tried to get up in my business


I PLAN TO CHANGE...... the fact that I am quite impatient. The best things come to those who wait......


THIS YEAR I COULDNT HAVE LIVED WITHOUT..... God, my mother, my homie-lover-friend, my girls Lisa, Laura and Kisha


NEXT YEAR I PROMISE TO....... Give more to charity, deepen my convictions and my faith in Him, see my family more often. Hold more regular workshops for aspiring models


How would you answer?


This is just a quick one and I will be posting again before the end of the year. Just wanted to share and swap some thoughts....


"Love is food to the soul....."


Lioness xx

A few features;


Celebrity feature for The Trusted Beauty Guide



UrbanWorld feature



Kanye West personal blog



Daily Sport Feature



Wanna watch TV



Get rich or die trying; trespass mag



Awesome bods




Photobucket




2 comments:

Zara said...

wow Portia i went through your features. you are amazing and a true inspiration. I love how ure so honest and real and not fake when someone in your postion with your looks could be stuck up. you share your ups and downs and you dont glamourise it all. I think you are great. you mentioned you will plan more regular workshops, please do as I didn't get picked for the last one. my best friend went; rachel? she really has grown in modelling since and said you gae her a lot of confidence i watched her in a show and she was a changed person! I really admire you and you will alwas have my support. I sent this on facebook too. it would be really nice to hear from you, a lovely xmas gift! i hope you have a wonderful xmas, lots of love hugs and kisses Zara xxooxx

Oh and my plan is to make it to your next workshop xxooxxoo

Janice aka Miss Mad News said...

Keep up the good work Portia and all the best for the new year!