Diary of a Lioness



Monday 19 April 2010


So I think it's time I updated you guys! I am currently in London, UK; I should have been in New York in a few hours! I am sure you are aware of the volcano that took place in iceland (if you're not you need to get it together and start knowing what's happening around you lol) and the fact that the ash cloud has affected thousands and thousands of flights. So unfortunately for my US followers I didnt make it today; but my flight has been booked for this coming Saturday.

I was looking forward to appearing on the Angela Yee Morning After show this week and apologies to those who were looking forward to hearing me on there! My team are working on getting things rescheduled so hold tight..... and I will keep you posted.
I've also missed out on a photo shoot but hopefully not much else will be affected...

I was actually quite ill recently; had to go hospital and all sorts! But God is good and I'm making a speedy recovery... almost 100%! It slowed down a few things for me but I'm back with a vengeance... ;)

Photobucket

My memory is awful..... ok so since my last blog basically I've been up to the usual; filming, shoots, studio, events etc. Went to Tinie Tempah release party, Shank screening, film premiere for The blind side... The Blind Side is a great film! If you haven't seen it yet make sure you do; I cried!! Talking about crying though; I cried during a play that I went to watch that my girl took part in. It was called "Agape" meaning "unconditional love". The message was so beautiful and I really could relate. I was proud of my girl Desiri, a friend from church. The play was supposed to be performed in Atlanta as we speak but unfortunately due to the flight disruptions they haven't made it yet. God will make sure they go though!

I hate when I leave it so long to blog as it means that I don't update you with everything and leave lots out. That is why it makes sense to blog day by day. When I return from the States (if I return ;)...) I will be working on my new website and my blog will be incorporated with my other site features; so expect a much better site and blog in the near future....

Oh! I deleted my facebooks! Hahahaha and it feels great. I had 17,000 messages and 6,000 friend requests on one account, and about 1,000 requests on the other; it just became too congested! I know some peeps have been able to get all their friends automatically transfered onto their fan page, which is a good look and makes life a lot easier. I might think about getting that done as I may still have some fan pages up, I'm not sure as I haven't even checked yet... but to all 13,000 of you that got deleted from my 2 accounts, apologies and follow me on twitter! I think it's more practical anyway..... I'm not a fan of social networks in general to be honest; they can be very useful I know but I don't have the time or the patience to be updating all the time, uploading videos, pics and reading messages. Long. Plus don't we deserve some privacy peeps? Some of us wanna tweet about real personal stuff.... hmmm... I dunno. As I'm sure I've said in a previous post it's a love/hate relationship for me and twitter.

My boy Hari (@thesheriff) flew down from the States recently; the last time he flew down I was literally too busy to catch up with him, but the other day I went to The Trafalgar for drinks with him, Ara and a few others. It was an intimate affair and a nice chillout for me. Hari is making major moves in the US since moving there; I love being around cool hardworking people.


Photobucket

At an Adidas event with @arathecoach

I have to go because I am craving the cheesecake that's in the kitchen;is that bad? I might blog again tonight. Below, in the next two posts you can view videos of me interviewing Logan Sama and Mr Midas. Make sure you check them out.

Talent is God-given; be humble
Fame is man-given; be grateful
Conceit is self-given; be careful

God bless

Portia xx

No comments: